Encourage a growth mindset in your child with these Growth Mindset Affirmation cards. A growth mindset means believing talents can be developed over time, often with hard work and effort. Kids who have a growth mindset are shown to achieve more than those who believe talent is innate and “fixed”.
An effective way for kids to develop a growth mindset is through the example set by parents and other adults important in kids’ lives. While the affirmations on these cards can’t take the place of real interactions with these adults, they can serve to reinforce the growth mindset message kids are already hearing from adults at home or school.
These cards can be:
- A reference during the school day when placed on a ring in your child’s backpack
- Reminders at home when taped to a mirror or tacked to a bulletin board so kids see them each time they pass by
- An interactive family exercise when kids or parents can pick two or three cards from a bowl and read them out loud as a daily reminder.
How to use the growth mindset cards:
1) After purchasing the cards, you’ll receive them as a PDF file.
2) Print out the cards either at home or at a print shop or office supply store and then cut them out with scissors. Consider using heavy stock paper (like 110#) and/or laminating them for added durability.
3) The package of cards includes several blanks you can use to write your own affirmations for your children. These blank cards (and only the blank cards) are editable, allowing you to type your message into the blank card before printing it out.