You want your kids to help out more with cleaning the home, but the biggest hurdle is just getting started. Having to explain to kids what and how to clean each room can be a chore. Besides, what kid really wants his or her parents to lecture them on what needs to get done? (Cue eye-rolling.)
That's where Room Cleaning cards come in. Simply print out these cards, as-is or after customizing them to your own cleaning needs (see instructions below). Then, give them to your children as you ask them to clean a particular room. You can also laminate them if you wish, and let your kids use dry-erase markers to check-off what they’ve done.
In your PDF, you'll find cards for the following rooms:
- living room
- dining room
- mudroom/front entry
- a customizable card (use this card for any room in your house that isn't already included)
The cards enable kids to clean independently, providing guidance and serving as a checklist to ensure kids have cleaned the room or zone properly.
How to customize and print the Room Cleaning cards:
- After purchasing the cards, you’ll receive them as a PDF file.
- To customize, download the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from: www.get.adobe.com/reader. Open your room cleaning file with the Reader and you’ll be able to edit the blue fillable fields to meet your needs.
- Once your customization is complete, print out the cards either at home or at a print shop or office supply store. Consider using heavy stock paper (like 110#) for added durability.
- If you prefer, the cards can also be laminated or placed in a plastic sleeve. This allows kids to check off tasks with a dry erase marker as they are completed.